tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 27 07:08:14 1997

comic text

	qoror here.  I've discovered a comic book of The Next Generation that
includes a decent amount of Klingon in it, and I thought I'd relate it to you.

	(The topic is: Q [a mischievous omnipotent being] has turned the entire
crew of the Enterprise into Klingons after Picard, referring to Worf, said, "I
wish I had a hundred like him.")

	First, Troi says "nukneH," in bold.  (Luckily, all the Klingon is in
bold.)    Later, Picard says to Q, "naDev vo' yIgghos!" followed by "vaj bIHegh"
"Or die!"  (All the Klingon is "translated".)  Obviously, the writer heard
"bIje'be'chugh vaj bIHegh" (or saw it in TKW), remembered "Hegh" means "die,"
and decided "vaj bIHegh" meant "or die."  We're also treated to "NUCH!" when
someone tries to attack pIqarD from behind.  (These people have been
transformed, so they're not strictly Klingon.)

	But the most amazing bit is that there's an extremely minor character,
just for the sake of the panel he appears in, an "Ensign Mandel."

Back to archive top level