tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 25 18:41:04 1997

Klingon space (was Re: Qo'noS)

|Marian Schwartz wrote:
|> tlhIngan wo' yuQmey pIm tu'lu'
|> qar'a'?  pa' wa' yuQ neH tu'lu''a'?
|
|yuQmey law' tu'lu'law'. wa' vISov: "Tanganika." pa' yIn "Pok," "Torghn"
|puqloD.
|
|SuStel

For those who are interested, here's an extract from my notes summarizing
what we know about Klingon space and its environs. Since it is only a
summary, I didn't add episode references to each name for easier reading. I
have separate entries for each one.  E-mail me if you want details on any
of this, if I've made a mistake or left anything out (I'm particulary
interested in the names of those Cardassian planets and colonies attacked
and annexed by the Empire in their invasion of the Cardassian Union).
vay'vaD lI' De'vam 'e' vItul:

    "Klingon space lies within an extensive expanse of the Beta Quadrant,
bearing 327 mark 215 from the Bajoran System. (Sons of Mogh) Known Klingon
star systems include: the Amrita System (the Klingon home system), Beta
Lankal, Gamma Eridon, the Halee System and its barely habitable planets,
the Mempa System, the Cambra System and the Kriosian System (with the
nearby Ikalian Asteroid Belt and independent Valt Minor System). Many
planets located within the Klingon Empire have been mentioned: Qo'noS and
one of its moons Praxis, the Rura Penthe penal colony, the training academy
at Ogat, Beta Thoridor, the monastery on Boreth (possibly located in the
constellation of ghochwI', or "The Tracker"), Hitoria (site of a small
colony near the Romulan/UFP border), Karizan, the Krios colony, the ill-
fated Narendra III outpost, Morska (site of Mortagh Oupost III on the
Federation border), Outpost M-Zed V (near the Ferengi border), the Maranga
IV outpost (on the "far side" of the Vodri Nebula from Federation space),
Forcas III (site of a Empire-wide bat'leth tournament), the agricultural
world of Taganika and Gamma 35. The Klingon Neutral Zone (abolished in
2293) was located between the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon
Empire, with the Azure Nebula lying entirely within the Zone.
     "Federation (and allied) sites known to border Klingon space include:
the Archanis Sector (the Klingons relinquished their claim to this
territory 100 years ago; there are at least four planets with Federation
settlements in the sector: the Archanis IV outpost, Ajilon Prime, Vrax and
Ganalda IV) and the nearby Lembatta Cluster, Archer IV, Axanar, the Beta
XII-A colony, the Balka System, Davlos III, Donatu V, the Haterian System
(on the "near side" of the Vodri Nebula), the Mutara Nebula and the Genesis
Planet, Prakal II, the Tellun System (with planets Elas and Troyius), Kalla
III and the nearby Ufandi System, Ventax II, the Pheben System, the Kudao
colony, the Themis colony, and Zorakis (in the Boswellia sector)--with
planets Organia, Neural (Zeta Bovtis III), Sherman's Planet (with nearby
Deep Space Station K-7 which is approximately 1 parsec away from the
nearest Klingon outpost) and Capella IV lying within the disputed Organian
Treaty Zone.
    "Khitomer (and its ill-fated outpost), Tranome Sar, Klach D'kel Brakt,
the Hitoria colony, Nimbus III (Paradise City), the Devron System and the
Carraya System border the Romulan Empire.
    "The Betreka Nebula lies between the Cardassian Union and the Klingon
Empire. Deep Space Nine is the most fortified position between Cardassia
and the Klingon Empire. Galorda Prime and the strategically important
Cardassian Pentath System are located on the Klingon border, near civilian
shipping lanes."

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level