tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 21 08:37:07 1997

Re: KLBC Klingon national anthem

> From: Kenneth Traft <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: RE: Klingon national anthem
> Date: Sunday, March 02, 1997 6:47 PM
>
> SuStel is correct in that no one has come forward with a good rendition
of the
> Klingon.  I listed to it and put down sounds and words that I could make
out
> and posted it to the list for feedback.
>
> Here it is again.
>
> Qoy qeylIS puqloD
> Qoy puqbe'pu'
> yapo mapo je SuvwI'
> SeymoH Sube 'u'
> maSuv malang 'ej maSo'chu'
> yevbe' 'ej mach chowovchu'
> batlh mache'be' 'ejyo pIghar
> boQpu' majIgybe' mareH batlh muta'tu'
> maybe' bo' maSuvtaH ba' 'oj

OK I looked at this a thought that there where too many tlhIngan Hol words
for it to be just "Para Hol" so I've tried to make sense of it. Please
forgive the poetic license  {{:-)

Qoy qeylIS puqloD
Listen to Kahless son

Qoy puqbe'pu'
Listen daughter

yaHmo' maHmo' je SuvwI'
Because he was taken away because of us and warriors

SeymoH Su'be' 'u' (I know that Su'be' is not a real word but it does seem
to fit sort of)
Excite the unready universe

maSuv malang 'ej maSo'chu'
We fight, we are thin and we clearly cloak

yevbe' 'ej mach choH wo' chu'
Do not pause and be small, make the Empire new

batlh machbe' 'ejyo' pIghar
With no small honor we conducted diplomacy with Starfleet

boQpu' maghbe' mareH batlh muta' tu'
Aide not betray, we play with honor, they made me see that it's not fair to
cage, sit and drink.

maybe' mo' maSuvtaH ba' 'oj

OK now rip me to shreds!!! I probably deserve it..

Stefan (chovwI')

batlh Daghajbe'chugh, nuq Daghaj?

http://www.very.net/svw/

Back to archive top level