tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 15 08:03:51 1997

No Subject

jatlh SuStel:

>jatlh SI'IluD:> qam bIngDaq targhlIj tu'lu'
>>
>> I made this up for the postal course.
>
>Umm . . . You're not asking for answers, are you?  If you are, then I
insist
>that you do not read my response below.  On your honor as a Klingon
speaker!

ghobe'! Dajang 'e' vItlhobbe'. batlhwIj vIpol.

>> I translated...blah blah blah
>
>I don't think it carries this connotation at all.  It says only, "Your
targ is
>below the feet."  It's a very good thought you've got, but you seem to
have
>tried to translate using an English idiom.  If your targ is "under foot,"
it's
>not literally under your feet.  But the expression belongs to English, not

>Klingon.

I guess that I was trying to provide the English equivalent for the
translation.
I suppose that I could use <munuQ targhlIj>. I got caught up in the
English.
It is hard to come up with original sentences that use certain grammatical
constructs. I think this lesson was to use -Daq and -lu'. jIqawchu'be'

>To get Klingon idioms, read through TKW.  You can find lots of proverbs to

>allude to.  The next time you want to tell someone to get started on
>something, tell him {pIpyuS yIghor}.  You don't *literally* mean that you
want
>him to break a pipius.

luq
I read a recent posting of yours where you mentions a new word for me:
<poQ>
qatlho'qu'. I have, on occasion, "required" the word. {{;-)

SI'IluD
wa'Hu' jIboghbe'

Back to archive top level