tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 13 20:51:46 1997

Re: KLBC: Practicing...

jatlh SuStel:

> > "table" 'oH mu'tlhegh 'e' wItu'nIS!
>
> "We need to find that a sentence is a table."  nuqjatlh?
> {mu'tlhegh'e'} bIjatlhnISlaw'.

I was basically trying to say something like, "We need a
word/phrase/sentance for 'table,'" but I couldn't figure out the best
way to do it.

> > qay'wI'vam wIghajbe' *tey'bIl* 'oHchugh "table," qar'a'? :-)
>
> It is our policy not to transliterate words like that.

I am well aware of that policy, and support it fully.  Note the smiley
face... I was trying to make a joke, but I guess the humor didn't come
across.  You know, something like, "Woulnd't things be easier if 'table'
was just 'tey'bIl?'"  I don't actually propose that we create a new
word, especially one so obviously transliterated as that one! :-)

> Also, if you use words
> like {'oHchugh}, then you still have to put {-'e'} on the subject.

ghuy'cha'!  Slipped my mind.

chIch tlhIngan Hol chutmey vIqaw.
vIqawchugh chaq Qapla' vItu'?
'e' vIneH.
pIj tlhIngan Hol mu'ghom vIlaD, 'ach vIQagh...

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level