tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 10 17:56:38 1997

RE: KLBC: Speers pojwI'

On Thursday, April 10, 1997 4:31 AM, [email protected] on behalf of Diego
'Mago' De Miguel wrote:

> d'Armond Speers tlhIngan Hol pojwI' jItu' 'ej QaQqu'.
> (I've found d'Armond Speers' Klingon analyzer and it's great!)

The only problem here is that you've got the wrong prefix on {tu'}.  Since
{tlhIngan Hol pojwI'} is the object, the prefix has to be {vI-}.

> quv Speers.
> (Speers is honored)

His Klingon name is Holtej.

> Dalo' 'e' qachupbej!
> (I certainly recommend using it!)

TKD tells us that whenever you use {'e'} or {net}, the prefix on the second
verb must indicate third-person singular object.  {qa-} is not one of those.
There are some that might suggest that this could be indicating indirect
object, but since I'm not fond of that idea anyway, and because TKD does, in
fact, say this is not allowed, I'm going to suggest that this must be {vI-}.

You don't really need the indirect object, anyway.

Dalo' 'e' vIchupbej.
I certainly recommend that you use it.

> tlhIngan Hol ngeDmoH ghaH
> (It makes Klingon easy. [Lit: It causes Klingon to be easy])

If you mean the program, I don't think it qualifies as a {ghaH}!

tlhIngan Hol ngeDmoH 'oH.

majQa'!

pojwI' vIlo'be'.
tlhIngan Hol mu'mey vItu'meH, paq ngeD law' pojwI' ngeD puS.
'ej Dat paq vIqenglaH!
Dat De'wI'wIj vIluplaHbe'.

--
SuStel