tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 09 18:19:34 1997

KLBC: how to say "for" question

I've taken the advice I read a while back in the list and started a journal
that I keep in tlIngan Hol.  However, I'm having a problem making an entry.
 I was trying to say "Today, I searched for flowers" (I'm a botanist), but
I wasn't sure how to say "for flowers".  (Yes, I know there is now word for
"flower" in tlhIngan Hol; at least, none that I know of).  My sentence came
out something like this:

*flower*meyvaD vInej

but this feels like I'm saying that I'm searching on behalf of the flowers,
which is weird even for me.  Is this the correct useage of "-vaD"?  I could
use some advice for how to properly phrase this.

Also, I can find nothing in TKD about being able to use "DaHjaj" (today) as
an adverbial.  How do I convey the message of "Today I did so-and-so"?

batlh bIHeghjaj!

Banzai

"I say there naughty-spawn, knock off all that evil!"--The Tick

Back to archive top level