tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 08 07:20:09 1997

jatlh Bill W. Okrand je

> We asked him about the audio version of TKW, and he said that he hasn't
> heard it yet (!) but he wasn't directly involved with the production.
> He had recorded a tape with the proper pronunciations of the phrases,
> but was not on hand to coach Michael Dorn or Roxanne Biggs-Dawson.

I personally find this amazing simply because the pronounciation of TKW is
so damn good. I would say that both M.D and R.B-D. were coached (and some
sound editing was used, especially for Dorn) but appearantly not my
Okrand.

> Finally, we discussed his new book.  (Ah-hah!  I can see the drool from
> here....  Wipe that off your monitor!)  Yes, there is a new book.  It is
> scheduled for release in the fall.  It will NOT be another TKW, more
> like another full-length addendum to TKD; Marc said to think of it as
> "the Klingon they didn't teach you in school."  He wouldn't go into any
> detail, but said it will have quite a bit of new vocabulary and grammar,
> and that some people will wish to kill him for what he's doing.  I
> gather he's going to be difficult just for the sake of being difficult.

I am reaching for both my credit card and my dagger.

david
--
 David Barron,  [email protected] ||       Hoch lup yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course      ||       qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level