tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 04 12:23:30 1997

KLBC: old stuff

This is some old stuff i translated for the KWS history project,
i did it ages ago, and haven't yet had time to go over it, so I thought
i would send it here for checking, be as butal as you like, thanks.

there is both english and klingon.

The storm at Quin'lat

A storm was heading towards the city of Quin'lat.
The people sort protection within the walls,
all except one man who remained outside.
Kahless went to him and said "What are you doing?"
"I am not afraid of the wind", he said, "I will not hide my face behind
stone and mortar."
"I will stand before the wind and make it respect me."
Kahless honoured his choice and went inside.
The next day the storm came and the man was killed.
Kahless said to the people, "The wind does not respect a fool."

QIn'latDaq SuS'a'

QIn'lat veng jaHtaH SuS'a'
veHnaghmeyDaq QanmeH nejta' ghotpu'
'ach Hur ratlhta' wa' loD
ghaHDaq jaHta' qeylIS' 'ej jatlh nuq bIvangtaH
mughIjbe' SuS jatlh nagh ruSwI' je vISo'be' qabwIj
SuSDaq vIQam 'ej muvuvmoH 'oH
batlh Qochbe'ta' qeylIS 'ej vengDaq jaHta'
jajchu' ghoSpu' jevwI' 'ej loD HoHpu' 'oH
ghotpu' jatlh qeylIS qoH vuvbe' SuS

i hope it's good.

'elren

Back to archive top level