tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 03 15:02:53 1997

Re: DaHar Master

C-;

That't the thing about the Klingon culture: so much is never revealed, it's
hard to say what is what. Sure, I `created' the part about the tittle of
`daHar Master' being conferred upon.  I based part of that on the episode
where Siko, Worf, and Odo go to Qu'onos to find the Founder that is disguised
as General Martok.  Also, what better way for the Empire to know who is the
`daHar Master' than a Empire wide celebration of his deed, of course told in
song.

As for the methods of fighting, you are both right and wrong.  I maybe
screwed up about the types of martial arts that  Klingons use, however I'm
right about one thing. Sure, kendo is a `practice' with rattan sword,but the
Klingons go over the top on everything: their version of kendo is with a
sharpened bat'leth.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.  I just thought that a vague tittle
like `daHar Master' needed some explanation, and being a writer, I couldn't
refuse the opportunity to `add lyrics to the melody'.

Who know `daHar' may be a martial art in itself?

Qapla'

Chuck

(cha'q)

Back to archive top level