tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 30 23:46:53 1996

Re: jegh

<< Greetings. I was looking through my copy of TKD, looking for a way to
 surrender <something> (like hostages, for example). I saw <jegh>, and I
 asked trI'Qal if <jegh> could take a direct object. She didn't think so,
 but suggested that I post the question here. >>

Although I think that {jegh} means "surrender" as in "give up" or "quit
fighting, quit resisting," I have discovered that {bup} is used for "give up
doing something," "quit some action"; and {mev} is used to denote "ceasing
some action."

But, I am going to suggest {nob} for "surrender" prisoners.  If the prisoners
were surrendering to an enemy, I would say {jegh qama'pu'}.  But, if I want
you to surrender the prisoners to me, I would try {qama'pu' tInob}.

Just a thought.  jabbI'IDmey law' DaHevneSjaj

Qapla'     peHruS

Back to archive top level