tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 29 20:09:13 1996

(KLBC) Re: taHjaj wo' on SCI-FI Channel

At 09:22 PM 9/10/96 -0700, Thomas M. Zeman wrote:

Oh, boy!  Aren't you lucky!  I get to correct your grammar for you... :)

I clipped out the stuff about <taHjaj wo'>, althoug I would LOVE to know who
it was...

>*Ugh* Qatlhbej tlhIngan Hol 'ach Qit jIghojtaH.

Very nice!  capItals, though!  (<QIt>)

>DaHjaj *Postal Course* ghojtaH vagh vIrIn.

Hm.  What is the <ghojtaH> doing there?  I think you were going for
"lesson"; if so, you might have done well to just drop the English word
"lesson" in there--either that or tack a -ghach on <ghojtaH>.

Also, what you have there is "I am finished lesson #5 of the postal Course".
<rIn> means "to be finished", not "to finiah", and very likely cannot take
an object without -moH.  You either need to put -moH on <rIn> (which would
make it right) or use <ta'>.

>     (Fire away if it's wrong.)

Not bad!

>Thomas M. Zeman                       " reH nuHmey tu'lu' "

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet (Klingon speaker and net junkie!)
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level