tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 28 10:30:33 1996

Re: "KLBC"?

At 04:06 PM 9/3/96 -0700, Dark Viper wrote:
>"KLBC" nuq?

The KLBC stands for something like "Klingon Language Beginner's
Conversations".  It is intended to flag a message as being either written
by, or intended for the newer speakers on the list.  It helps the
Begginner's Grammarian (me) to see which messages were posted by new
speakers, so I don't miss any, and also so that more experienced speakers,
who may not be interested in tryung to decipher a the common errors new
students make, and perhaps wants to just aruge the lingustics can ignore them.

I usually send  new students a letter explaing what the KLBC is, and how it
is to be used when they introduce themselves.  If you never sent an
"introductory" letter, it is entirely possible that I missed you.  If so,
please send a private letter to [email protected], and I will send you a
copy.  It is also (not very far back) in the list archive under the subject
"For beginners"

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet (Klingon speaker and net junkie!)
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level