tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 24 18:24:38 1996

Re: Beginners Grammarian (where I have been)

At 04:37 PM 9/24/96 -0700, Garrett M. Hayes wrote:
>I have been off of the list for a month or so.  Just to keep up, I was
>wondering who is the current BG?
>
>'etlhqengwI'

I am... but I have been a baaaaaaad tlhIngan.

I haven't post to the list nor answered a post for an outrageous amount of
time, and for this, I apologize to everyone on the list... most especiall
the beginners who have been waiting for replies.  I *have* been skimming the
subject lines, and this particular one caught my eye...

I was going to send this all in Klingon, but I am going to chance the
admin's wrath for going off-topic, to tell where I have been for the past
*unghodly* amount of time, because y'all deserve to know.

A few months ago, I was put in charge of maintaing/testing our software, and
any upgrades/bug fixes we receive.  Shortly into the month of September, we
received a LARGE upgrade in the software.  The administration decided
(against my advice not to) to install the software right away, without testing.

I have been squishing some rather LARGE bugs for several weeks, and, if I
came home in time to log in at all, I was too brain-dead to speak more than
a few words of Klingon, let alone be a fair BG.

For all of this, again, I apologize.

The good news is that we have most of the bugs 'squished', and I expect my
work-hours to resume a more normal pace.  I hope to spend time catching up
this weekend--hopefully, I can start a bit each evening this week, if I
resume coming home at a reasonable hour this week, like it is looking like I
will *crosses her fingers*...

Again, I am really, *really* sorry for my extended absence--I should have
sent this mail sooner.

You will be hearing from me again in the next few days.

*crawls under a rock to keep the hordes of angry tlhInganpu' from beating
her up *too* badly...

--trI'Qal

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet (Klingon speaker and net junkie!)
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level