tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 19 06:13:33 1996

Re: URGENT! Please read! Privacy Intrusion Warning!

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Oliver Stoll wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
> >

> > and get YOUR social security number
>
> I know this post is off-topic, but I think many people might be
> interested in more to the recent uproar on the net. I found an article
> about it in the San Jose Mercury.
>
> It states that there are no social security numbers available _there_.

appologies for off-topic-ness, but :

Just for kicks I called the 800#, they say flat out that the _ONLY_ info
available is: name, maiden name( if applicable ), assumed names, address,
telephone #, and date of birth.   and that info isn't always available...

Kabir

"I can tell you about it in one word: you never know."

 				-- Joaquit Andujar
 				   attributed

[email protected]

Back to archive top level