tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 18 19:06:45 1996

URGENT! Please read! Privacy Intrusion Warning!

Sorry to use this email list, and if anyone is offended, flame me and not the
list
I got a message today that is very disturbing. The legal database Lexis Nexis
now has a database called P-Trax, where anybody with a credit card can call
and get YOUR social security number, current address, past addresses,
mother's maiden name, and all sorts of other stuff. The original message was
that you could have your name removed from the list by calling them, now the
800 # says that you have to fax or mail a request to have your name taken off
this blatantly illegal database.

Call Lexis/Nexis at 800-543-6862, then press '4', then a recording will ask
if you want your name taken off P-Trax. The warning I got said to press
option 9 or 3 after pressing option 4, but now the recording must have been
updated.

Fax # is 513-865-1930
Snail mail:  Lexis/Nexis, P O Box 933, Dayton  OH  45401-0933

I don't have an email address, but I have two names at Lexis Nexis. Andrew
Bleh is at extension 3385 at above 800 #.
Bill Fister, the manager responsible for this garbage, is extension 1364.

If anyone is an attorney and wants to gather information about a class action
lawsuit, please contact me at [email protected]

Sorry for the intrusion, and I don't even speak Klingon.

Back to archive top level