tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 11 14:24:00 1996

Re: usage of -laH

Would it not make more sense to use <-jaj> and say "Dad, may I borrow the
car?"

vavoy, lupDuj vIngIpjaj'a'?

Perry J. Brulotte
QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn qaq puS.
[email protected]

----------
> From: Donald E. Vick <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: usage of -laH
> Date: Wednesday, September 11, 1996 11:30 AM
>
> Is it allowable to use -laH for permission, as well as ability?
>
> i.e. "Dad, can I borrow the car?" --> <vavoy, lupDuj vIngIplaH'a'>
>
> taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH

---
> |  Thaddaeus A. Vick, Linguist to the Masses   | mailto: [email protected]
-or-  |
> |                                              |         [email protected]
    |
> |  gules, on a saltire argent voided azure,    |
    |
> |  thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha.      |
http://www.crl.com/~dvick   |

---

Back to archive top level