tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 11 09:33:01 1996

Re: KLBC - using a betleH

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Chet Braun wrote:

> When using a betleH,
> the handles are intended only for you,
> the edges clearly for your enemy.
>
> betleH Dalo'DI'
> SoHvaD neH bIH Daqpu''e' 'uchlu'
> jaghlI'vaD bIHchu' HeHpu''e'
>
> I'm using a previous suggestion for 'handle'; [Daq 'uchlu'] but I'm not sure
> were to put some of the suffixes.
>
> BTW, this bit of wisdom may seem obvious at first but if you look closely
> at Star Trek martial arts Paramount doesn't seem too cognizant of it.
>
> HetaQ

Im not quite sure what you mean, exactly. There have been several times
when the handle of a bat'telh has been used to strike an enemey, ie, to
'pummel' him/her, but that is not unusual.  A weapon regardless of what
type (hand to hand), is only an extension of your arms and hands. You
need to be able to use the whole weapon no matter where the blade is,
including the handle/pummel when striking.

-Qa'Tahn

Back to archive top level