tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 08 21:09:58 1996

Re: KLBC

>>>Closest I could come at the time to "Mr. Data", which is my company name.
>>>I have since been thinking something more like <joH De'> (Lord Data) as
>>>being closer to Mr. Data.
>>
>>Couldn't you just put {-neS} on the verb, after all Mr. is a honorific title.
>

>No, you can't.
>
><De'>, the word for "data" is a noun.  -neS is a type 8 VERB suffix.  You
>can't put a type -8 verb suffix on a noun.
>
>Good thinking, though... if we had a -neS equivalent for nouns, that would
>certainly be a good use for it!
>

>>Qapla'
>>
>>beHwI"av
>

>--tQ
>

>---
>HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
>Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet (Klingon speaker and net junkie!)
>HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
>monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

How about <joHwI'> which I believe translates as "my lord".  That is the
equivalent of <signore> in Italian, <se~nor> in Spanish, and <Senhor> in
Portuguese.  And these, in turn, are the equivalents of "mister" in
English.  Oh yeah, I just remembered "Mein Herr" in German.  Wouldn't
<joHwI'> in apposition do the same?

Qapla'

qrlIH veStaySortlhIH Sogh           Lieutenant K'rlikh Vestai-Shor-Klikh
tlhIngan wo' Duj qIj leng rawI'     Commanding Officer, IKV Black Odyssey

a.k.a.

--
Denny Shortliffe

Back to archive top level