tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 05 06:59:00 1996

Re: Radio Times Klingon

> 96-09-04 17:40:29 EDT, jatlh joSepuS:
>
> > >1. We are U.K. Klingons!            -   wo' tay' tlhInganpu' maH!
>
> You know, someone else recently commented that we now have a phrase for the
> UK: {wo' tay'}.  However, it occurs to me that this sentence might be more
> accurately translated as "We are Klingons of a united empire [kingdom]!"  It
> may or may not be the *name* for the UK.
>
> SuStel
> Stardate 96678.7

Maybe not, but it's as good a variation as any...and regardless, it
seems to work either way. How many 'United Kingdoms/Empires' do you know
of on Earth?

--
Niall Hosking
aka Kserokhs Vaene

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level