tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 03 21:13:39 1996

Re: The Klingon Encyclopaedia?

>At 04:11 PM 9/3/96 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>>Marc Okrand *does* have some ideas for the {pIqaD}, but he isn't free to
>>explain or publish them at the present time.  Others (in particular, Mike
>>Okuda) apparently don't want to have to learn Klingon when making their set
>>designs for Star Trek.  And they don't want to get it wrong.  The characters
>>displayed are put there according to Okuda's (and others') sense of
>>aesthetics.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Well why doesn't Mike Okuda just ask Marc to translate so-and-so and then
>have Marc send it back under the unofficial pIqaD font, already typed up, so
>Mike can just "print" it onto the designs? That means the only thing
>different that Mike is doing then from now [in theory] is getting the font
>print-out from Marc.
>

>--Dark Viper-----------------------------
>'ut 'oH vuv'e'
>http://www.spectranet.ca/~dviper/tlhIngan
>(rInHa')

Sorry, Dark Viper, but you missed the point which I have underlined; Okuda
et al don't give a damn whether or not the pIqaD means anything or not;
they just want it to *LOOK NICE*!!

Qapla'

Sogh qrlIH veStaySortlhIH               Lieutenant K'rlikh Vestai-Shor-Klikh
tlhIngan wo' Duj qIj leng               Commanding Officer, IKV Black Odyssey

a.k.a.

--
Denny Shortliffe

Back to archive top level