tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 03 14:12:27 1996

Re: The Klingon Encyclopaedia?

At 05:54 AM 9/3/96 -0700, dpNoll wrote:
>> That way, there won't be a dictionary on Klingonaase unless Marc Okrand
>> creates a Klingon Encyclopedia, which I believe he did mention in TKD. I
>> think that the encyclopedia should contain stuff like that and delve into
>> Klingon culture even further if it is ever written.
>
>"If" *is* the dominant word there.  When I got my TKD all that time ago, I
>thought M.O. was making it sound like the TKE was not too far to come, or
>like he was already working on it, like "An article is being prepared for
>the /Klingon Encyclopaedia/ which will explain the details of \pIqaD\."

His idea *is* intriguing, however, and for all the tlhInganpu' out there or
tlhIngan Hol-speaking Humanpu', he should look into it. A point I raise
again is that the Klingon language is one of the fastest growing artificial
languages in the world and a depth into Klingon culture would be beneficial
to people who have already mastered the Klingon language and would like to
put their skills to new work in, for example, a Klingon book, or anyone who
would like to paint a portrait of Klingon life, etc.

It furthers the use of the Klingon language in many different ways.

>I found this interesting, more now I know that all (? most) of the pIqaD
>that appears on the set is more or less just to please the eye.

Personally, I think pIqaD should hurry up and be canon so I know if it's
worth it or not.

Qapla', 'ej 'oy'lIj DaSIQtaHjaj.

'ut 'oH vuv'e'
http://www.spectranet.ca/~dviper/tlhIngan