tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 02 15:02:45 1996

KLBC Re: Klingon poem

At 03:53 AM 8/29/96 -0700, Johnston wrote:
>Hi, I am a Klingon 'newbie'
>but saw this poem.

Hello, I am trI'Qal HoD, Beginner's Grammarian for the list. {{:)

>>A farmer stands in  his field.  He carries his betleH in his hand.  He
>>sees his grain.  He takes his betleH and he cuts his grain. A warrior
>>approaches him.  "You clearly can't fight.  Your betleH merely cuts
>>grain", says the warrior.  The farmer doesn't answer.  He cuts his grain.
>>The warrior laughs.  "You couldn't defeat a Ferengi", says the warrior.
>>Suddenly the farmer attacks the warrior.  They fight quickly.  Soon the
>>warrior is dead.  The farmer cuts his grain.
>>
>what would it mean to a klingon?
>what would it teach a child/learning klingon?
>and how would he react?

It means, "True warriors come in many forms."

I play a Star-Trek-based game called TNG TrekMUSE.  On TNG, I am a femals
Klingon Scoutship Captain.  Sometimes, I interact with our Diplomats.

Some people in our Empire scorn Diplomats, saying they are cowardly, and
weak--always making peace!

*I* value them, as those most often persecuted are often the strongest
warriors of us all... not to mention, they ensure that we are never fighting
on more than one front--an important tactical consideration!

That's what *I* think this poem is trying to teach!

>thanks!
>>From Benjamin Johnston
>[email protected]

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level