tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 02 12:36:14 1996

Re: KLBC: Meditation

trI'Qal writes:
>I'm not sure you can use <wa'DIch> this way; it means "first" as in, "my
>first weapon was a knife".  I don't think you can use it like an adverbial
>like this.  I'd yank it out, and let the <vaj> in the second part clarify
>tht this is a step-by-step process (if someone doesnt' tell me you can't use
><vaj> this way, too!)

One apparently does *not* use {vaj} this way. :-(  See TKW page 5:

"Klingons are born, live as warriors, then die."
{bogh tlhInganpu', SuvwI'pu' moj, Hegh.}

There's no {vaj} used; the successive clauses simply follow one another.

-- Alan Anderson, professional programmer and amateur Klingonist

Back to archive top level