tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 27 18:20:07 1996

Re: RE: KLBC: prepared

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:35:53 -0800 David Trimboli
<[email protected]> wrote:

> jatlh voragh:
>
> >  >Can anyone point out a canon example of using {-Ha'} on an adjectival
> >  >  verb?
>
> >  Not quite sure what you're looking for, but how about:
> >  	belHa'		be displeased
> [etc . . .]
>
> No, I mean a verb which is used in the form
>
> <noun> <stative verb>Ha'

There is no canon for this. In TKD, Okrand only allows the use
of {-qu'} as the only verbal suffix allowed on a stative verb
while it is being used adjectivally. Meanwhile, he violates this
rule on CK by using {-be'} in {wa'maH yIHmey lI'be'}.

Following from this, {-Ha'} is a logical candidate for use on an
adjectival verb, but this has not been confirmed anywhere in
canon that I know of.

> SuStel
> Beginners' Grammarian
> Stardate 96886.8