tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 25 22:30:45 1996

KLBC: 2 Verbs

jatlh SuStel:

>lutmaj tlhaQ yajbe'mo' tera'nganpu', matlhaQbe' net Daj neH.
>Because Terrans don't understand our jokes, it is only inconclusively tested
>that we are not funny.

Here is an example of where I get lost. The Verb in the Obj-Verb-Sub is
"yajbe'mo'" I also, because of your translation know the "lutmaj tlhaQ" is
joke or funny story.  But how did you arrive at that construction.  "tlhaQ"
is a verb and that puts two verbs side by side. Are you using it as an
adjective, is that legal?

>tlhaQchugh lut, ngoDvam wISovbej jay'

Here you used the verb "tlhaQchugh" at the beginning of the sentence. Are
you using it as an adverb? Again is that legal since it is not specifically
listed as an adverb?

I've seen people use several nouns or verbs at the beginning of sentences.
I'm trying to find, learn and understand the rules.

Thanx,

Ken
Kalos/qeyloS
[email protected]