tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 23 15:14:16 1996

KLBC: Time expressions etc.

 > jatlh Deborah:

 >>  How would you indicate that events took place simultaneously.  Would
 >>  {qaStaHvIs poH rap} be acceptable?

 > You could say that, if the events took a period of time to occur.  I
 > wouldn't  use this, though.  I'd add some context.  For example, if
 > you're talking about  two warriors fighting, and then want to talk
 > about two diplomats negotiating,  you could simply say {SuvtaHvIS
 > SuvwI'pu', SutlhchoH gharwI'pu'}.  {poH rap}  is really very general,
 > and Klingons love to be precise!

How about using {quq} "happen simultaneously"? <g>  (I happened across this
word while my mind was still in the gutter after watching "Looking For
Parmach...", and, well, it caught my attention.  <VBG>)

|         la' Qob sutai-qutvaj       tlhIngan wo' Duj quttaj ra'wI'     |
| Qojbogh tlhIngan ghom, maS Hurgh yo', *Northern* jogh, jogh boQDu''a' |
|                  === tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI' ===                  |
|               Fido: Bill Willmerdinger, 1:2613/477.1701               |
|         E-mail: [email protected]   [email protected]         |