tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 15:38:09 1996

KLBC+: tlhIngan Hol pongwIj vIwIvpu'

juppu'wI':

DaH tlhIngan Hol pongwIj vIwIvpu'.  pongwIj 'oH <De'vu'chu'wI'>.  ^one who
manages data clearly/perfectly^ 'e' DIvI' Hol vImugh.  tlhIngan Hol
vIghItlh, Dub 'e' vItul.

tlhIngan Hol vImugh 'e' jIqab, vIQub.  pongwIj boparHa''a'?  DaH tuja'!
jISov vIneH.

pongwIj tIq vIpar.  pongwIj qIgh vIneH, 'ach latlh pongwIj vIQub
vIQublaHbe'.

Qapla'!

-----

Here's what this was *supposed* to mean:

Friends/comrades:

I have now chosen a Klingon name.  My name is ^De'vu'chu'wI'^.  I tranlate
it into Federation language as "One who manages data clearly/perfectly".  I
hope my Klingon writing is improving. *I know this one was way off.*

I think I translate to Klingon poorly.  Do you like my Klingon name?  Tell
me now!  I want to know.

My name is long.  I want a short name, but I cannot think of one.

Success!

----

There it is.  I put the KLBC+ so that the BG can look at my writing (which
may be horrible) and tell me where to improve it.  I put the + so that the
rest of you know that as far as I am concerned you can reply to the name
part freely.

Of course, if you don't like my Klingon name, it's really too bad.  My
problem with it is I think it is long and unwieldy.  I can't figure out how
to convey the concept any other way though.

De'vu'chu'wI'  :  96889.7
Perry J. Brulotte
[email protected]
     naDevvo' pa' bIjaHlaHbe'.