tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 15:01:11 1996

RE: KLBC Syntax - I'm lost

jatlh Kalos:

>  >Nouns with {-Daq}, {-vaD}, or {-mo'} come before the object.
>  [ . . .]
>  couldn't they come where necessary or where they make the most sense
>  meaning
>  if they are neither the subject or object. I wish I could think of an
>  example. Did I miss were that rule is or is it implied?

It's where they go.  I don't quite understand what you mean by saying they
would make more sense somewhere else.  If something happens "in my room," then
you precede the sentence with {pa'wIjDaq}.  What else do you mean?

>  >There's an exception (which people don't usually use, but
>  >which you should know): the adverbial can come before the *verb*, if the
>  >object noun has {-'e'} on it.
>
>  Sorry I can't find that?

TKD p. 180.

SuStel