tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 08:18:33 1996

Re: KLBC: Quotes

In message <[email protected]> [email protected] writes:
> Since {HoHwI'} is "sleeper" or "one who sleeps," {HoHwI'wI'} is "my sleeper."

[probably being confused by my using {Qong} as an example :-]

> Maybe slightly more precise, but probably not grammatical.  To be avoided.

Agreed, but my point was, that I'd probably interpret "my killer"
as someone who works for me rather than someone who kills me, in
analogy to "my sleeper", which can _only_ be someone who works for
me. (well - maybe not necessarily _works_ for me :) I'd probably
use {muHoHbogh vay'/loD} for the other.

HomDoq

Back to archive top level