tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 19 03:54:18 1996

KLBC: Time expressions etc.

Several questions have come up while I was writing and I'd like some help.

How would you indicate that events took place simultaneously.  Would
{qaStaHvIs poH rap} be acceptable?  What about if an event took place for the
first time?  Can I use the same phrase and substitute {wa'DIch} for {rap}?

BTW, is there a final answer to the question of using ordinal numbers as
adverbs?

Can you suggest a way to indicate that one individual will be speaking for
herself and another (i.e.. spokesperson).  The only thing I could think of
would be to say {X jatlhwI'} which could work for the person one is speaking
for, but not oneself. Ideas?

Finally, I would like to indicate that someone had to "stand at attention."
This stumped me completely.

(SuStel, I'm sure that you've guessed that one of my stories is finished.
Before you really sink your teeth into it, I'd like to take care of the major
things I know are a problem.)

Deborah

Back to archive top level