tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 17 17:44:21 1996

RE: KLBC - Stephen Hawking

I like it, thanks.... but I have a few questions.

jatlh SuStel:

>{De'Qaw'wI'} seems a little inadequate to describe "virus" in general.  At the
>least, you should consider {De'wI' Qaw'wI'}.  I'd probably go for {De'wI'
>rop}.

Your right it's better but shouldn't it be a compond noun without a space?
De'wI'rop

>yIn 'oH De'wI' rop'e' net qelnIS.
>One needs to consider that a computer virus is life.

Here's when I start loosing you.
1. Why did you topicalize rop?
2. Why did you say {yIn 'oH De'wI' rop} and not just {yIn De'wI' rop}. Why
use the extra pronoun {'oH}?

>Qaw'taH neH yIn wIchenmoHta'bogh
>The life which we have created merely destroy.

I'm still unsure on this one:
1. I would have written this as: {wIchenmoHta'bogh yIn}
Isn't "yIn" the subject of this relative clause?
2. If I understand what's being said {wIchenmoHta'bogh yIn} would the be the
relative clause phrase and as such it is treated as a noun in the
obj-vrb-noun phrase. So {Qaw'taH neH wIchenmoHta'bogh yIn} would be correct
as you've got it. Right?
To say {wIchenmoHta'bogh yIn Qaw'taH neH} would be
"We only destoy the life which we create" which is obviously not what we are
trying to say. Did I get it right? Without the proper prefixes.

>yIn wIchenmoHta'bogh wIrur.
>We resemble the life which we have created.

Cool but backwards. I'm trying to say the life which we have created
resembles us rather that we resemble it.
Wouldn't I say: "nurur wIchenmoHta'bogh yIn"
Note I changed the "yIn" to the subject here as well.

Ken/Kalos
wej tlhInganpong vIwuqta'
[email protected]

Back to archive top level