tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 16 15:53:14 1996

RE: KLBC: prepared

jatlh may'qal ro':

>  qaSuvrup  -  would this translate roughly as "I am ready to fight you"

No.  It would translate *exactly* as "I am ready to fight you."  :)

>  roj vaj - Peaceful Warrior / Warrior of Peace .  I know this is hard thing
>  for a Klingon to be.

There is no verb "be peaceful," so your second translation would be correct.
I'd see {roj vaj} as "Warrior of Peace."  If you wanted "peaceful warrior,"
you could try something like {vaj ralbe'}.

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96878.1

Back to archive top level