tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 15 12:38:09 1996

Re: Let He Who Is Without Sin.

>For those who missed it, haven't yet seen it, or simply don't like Star
>Trek, a new "Paramount Hol" word was used in the latest Deep Space Nine
>episode, "Let He Who Is Without Sin."  Worf was talking to Dax and said,
>"Since you are my {parmach'ay'}...
>If we take the liberty of accepting {parmach} as the Klingon noun for
>"love with aggressive overtones" (admittedly a *very* big liberty for
>many), then it is conceivable that a {parmach'ay'} is literally a
>"section [part] of love."  Imagine love as being a collective thing made
>up of two individuals, who are each parts of it.  Therefore, we have
>{parmach'ay'}, a grammatically correct compound noun translating as
>"section of love!"

majQa'!  Excellent!   Thank you for posting this -  I haven't seen
this episode - it didn't appeal to me, and I was kind of burned
out after seeing the Tribble episode three times...

I would agree with our esteemed Beginner's rejmorgh regarding
the suffix being -oy, though.  (OTOH, I wouldn't agree with his
"clued-in dummy" crack.  Typical.)

 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
   http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon  [email protected]
   GALACTIC LANGUAGES: [email protected]