tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 15 12:16:06 1996

Re: RE: KLBC a phrase about Honor

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:02:40 -0800 Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' SuStel:
> >...I'm not sure if {muv} is transitive or not...
>
> The collection of words from {veS QonoS} includes the medical term
> {tuj muvwI'} "thermo-suture", literally "heat's joiner".  From this,
> it looks like {muv} can be used transitively, with a meaning similar
> to {tay'moH}.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

While I also favor the transitive use of {muv}, given that it
does offer a wider range of available meaning to the current
vocabulary, I don't see this as evidence one way or the other.
{muvwI'} is already a noun before it gains a relationship with
{tuj}. This tells us nothing about the transitivity of {muv}.

I can't find any canon use of {muv} as a verb whatsoever. Until
proven wrong, however, I do intend to use it transitively.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level