tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 14 18:34:45 1996

RE: KLBC a phrase about Honor

jatlh Ken N:

>  What I'm trying to say is "That which virture joins, death cannot seperate"
>  muvmoH quvbogh 'e' chevbe'laH Hegh
>
>  I'm using 'honor' is place of 'virture' because I don't know any word for
>  virture.  Let me know if there is one..

The word is {ghob}.  It was introduced in The Klingon Way.

Forget about using {'e'} for this.  {'e'} refers to the previous sentence, not
a thing.  What you want is {vay'}.

vay''e' muvmoHbogh ghob chevlaHbe' Hegh.

Remember to negate the correct suffix.  {chevbe'laH} means "able to not
separate." ("To boldly split infinitives that no man had split before!")
{chevlaHbe'} means {not able to separate}.

Literally, it's "Death is not able to separate something which virtue causes
to join."  I'm not sure if {muv} is transitive or not.  For a substitute, you
might try

vay'e' tay'moHbogh ghob chevlaHbe' Hegh.

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96873.6

Back to archive top level