tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 14 14:39:02 1996

Re: KLBC:Quotes

~mark writes:
>I think Okrand said that you don't put
>verb-prefixes on verbs that have -wI' on them.

I can't find any reference to his saying this.  He did say that putting
a verb prefix and {-ghach} together is *seriously* wierd, but I don't
recall any discussion of prefixes and {-wI'}.

{muHoHbe'wI'} is wierd, no doubt about it, but this particular phrase
strikes me rather well.  *I'm* not going to complain about it; in fact,
I'm going to applaud it!

I will point out that the original phrase has the words in the wrong
order, though.  The wierd word is the *subject*, and must follow the
verb.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level