tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 11 19:14:40 1996

RE: KLBC Greetings!

jatlh Kontay tai-KalI'qoS:

>  I am Kontay tai-KalI'qoS of the IKV BortaS over in Spokane Washington. But
>  live in Lewiston Idaho. My vessel's commander has named me the vessel's
>  linguist because I know more about the Klingon Language than they do.
>  Mostly
>  because I have more free time.

Tell me about it.  That's how I started learning Klingon.  Of course, I was in
college at the time, and had other things I was supposed to be doing . . .

> I have been a student of tlhIngan Hol for 1
>  year now but I am not to the point that I would like to be. I've been
>  lurking in this list server for a while now and you guys sound pretty good.

Good!  That means you know what's going on around here!  I won't have to type
out my Beginners' Grammarian intro again!  (I should come up with some sort of
cut-and-paste routine for this . . .)

>  I am not very good myself and I wish to become better. My main goal is to
>  the learn the language atleast to the point that I feel comfortable
advising
>  and teaching the members of my vessel how to speak tlhIngan.

batlh ngoQlIj Dachavjaj!

>  I have bought
>  read and/or listened to Power Klingon, Conversational Klingon, The Klingon
>  Dictionary, The Klingon Way, Star Trek: Klingon! Interactive CD-ROM. I >
have
>  been a member of the KLI for a year, I am a member of three Klingon Fan
>  Clubs (KLAW, KAG, and the IKV BortaS) I am currently taking David >
Barron's
>  Klingon Correspondence course. I hope you can help me in my endeavours.

Looks like you've got everything covered!  Since you must know who I am, let
me just remind you to post under KLBC whenever you want to discuss beginners'
issues!  And please, start posting in Klingon!  It's the best way to learn!

SuStel
Stardate 96865.5

Back to archive top level