tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 08 16:28:23 1996

RE: KLBC: A couple more translations

jatlh HurghwI':

>  "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."
>  Hoch jaj wa' naH DaSopchugh, not SoHDaq ghoS Qel

Not bad!  Considering that the "keeps the doctor away" probably derives from
the times when doctors commonly made house-calls, I'd suggest you say {not
DuSuchnIS Qel}.  Just a suggestion.

>  "Carl Lewis isn't a fast man, but his arms and legs move very quickly."
>  QIt qet *Carl Lewis*, 'ach nom vIH DeSDu' 'uSDu' je.

Also good!  You might want to add {-Daj} to {DeSDu'} and {'uSDu'} to clarify
whose arms and legs you're talking about, but otherwise this is very good.

SuStel
Stardate 96856.86

Back to archive top level