tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 07 06:09:11 1996

Re: KLBC: Quick question

ghItlh HurghwI':
> If you have a word like lo'laH and you want to make it "to be able to be
> vauluable," are you allowed to use lo'laHlaH? This word in particular seems
> vague because lo'laH (valuable) and lo'laH (able to use) are not quite the
> same.  What about other suffixes? Basically I'm wondering if some of the
> words in the dictionary really have suffixes or just appear to.
     Not answering KLBC, just adding to the question:  since laH is also a
noun, could this be one of those strange verb-noun mutations that we have
observed?  Like maSwov?

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| gules on a saltire argent voided azure |                           |
| thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha. | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |