tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 06 18:02:32 1996

Re: KLBC: Two quick questions

Stardate 96849.3 jatlh ter'eS:

[jIjatlh]
> > No.  Look on TKD 25: {-Daj} refers to "his," "her," or "its."  This
suffix
> can
>  > refer to objects as well as people.
>
>  Actually, Okrand isn't consistent with this.  In TKD, pages 162 and 165,
he
>  defines it as "his/her" only.  Is there any canon to clear this up?

I can't think of any offhand, but I would tend to believe the text rather
than the reference tables.  Besides, I don't think Okrand would have
forgotten about this possibility and just left it out!

Can anyone think of a single canon example of Okrand using {-Daj} as "its"?

SuStel
Stardate 96851.4

Back to archive top level