tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 04 09:03:13 1996

Re: International tlhIngan Hol

> From: Dark Viper <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: International tlhIngan Hol
> Date: Friday, November 01, 1996 9:33 PM
>
> At 01:50 PM 11/1/96 -0800, Lee Lewis wrote:
> >Well, this is not exactly what you meant, but I used to be a member of
> >Universala Esperanto Asocio (UEA), Esperanto League of North American
> >(ELNA), and the Florida Esperanto League (FEL).  At the first annual
> >konveno de FEL, I prepared and presented an introduction to tlhInghan
Hol.
> >I made a workbook (full color) in English, Klingon and Esperanto which I
> >provided to all participant (a copy was also donated to ELNA).

> majQa'. bIvumbej.

qatlho'!  Qatlh jInID.

> paqHom lutIv'a' "Esperantist"pu'? :)

HIja'! HISlaH! lutIvtaH!

> >K'Pach epetaI-jubchuQun
> lughlaw'be' <epetaI>. bIqeng DanID nuq?
> --tugh pong chu'

The theld (house/line/family) of jubchuQun was founded in 1992. It has a
peculiar history which has resulted in some misunderstandings with other
houses.  The title of epetaI among jubchuQunpu' simply refers to the male
head of theld; whereas the title veStaI refers to the female head of theld.
 I never use use 'epetaI' in conjuction with a military title, and although
I hold title of Lieutenant Commander, 2nd Lieutenant, and (recently)
Commander, in various organizations, I am not currently active due to
personal reasons and therefore restrict myself to my theld title (which
often rubs miltary fur the wrong way).

I don't know if you are equipped to receive it, but I have attached an
article (now quite outdated) which tells the story of the jubchuQunpu'.  I
have stripped the file down to TXT, so it isn't fancy, but it should be
readable!  (Incidentally, the article was published in KLAW's newsletter,
"The Pillage Voice,"  2-3 years ago.

Qapla' batlh je'!

K'Pach

cc:	QutmaS veStaI-jubchuQun