tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 03 19:28:54 1996

RE: KLBC - Trick or Treat

ghItlhpu' taDI'oS vIq:
>bIDubqu'!  Hol wIghojmeH, batlh wISuqmeH je wIja'chuq 'ej tlhIngan Hol wIlo'

ghItlh SuStel:
>{wIja'chuq}  We discuss what?  Perhaps you mean {tlhIngan Hol wIja'chuq}?
>(I'm not even going to get into the question of whether {ja'chuq} can be
>considered a seperate, transitive verb . . .)  There was no other context to
>suggest anything else.  Still, I'm unsure . . .

Change the prefix to make it {maja'chuq} "we confer", and it makes
perfect sense to me.  If we consider {ja'chuq} to be {ja'} + {-chuq},
then it must have a "no object" verb prefix (TKD 4.2.1 page 36).

(The rest of SuStel's comments are right on target, of course!)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level