tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 02 13:28:59 1996

RE: KLBC - Trick or Treat

jatlh Adam:

>  SuStel,
>  Did I tell u that SuS in hebrew is horse? never mind.

No, you did not.  What does "tel" mean?  As in Tel-Aviv?  :)

>  what is TKW? i now what is TKD,CK,PK but TKW?

TKW stands for The Klingon Way, a newer book by Marc Okrand.  It's filled with
Klingon proverbs and their explanations, and gives a very clear insight into
Klingon values and grammar.  You can order it from the KLI's webpage.

>  do u remember whan i was first arrived here i said "What the $!*@ is going
>  on?"
>  Well,i learned to say it in klingon:
>                                  qaStaH nuq jay'

majQa'!  bIjatlhchu'!

>  verengan soH=you are a ferengi  (just kidding...)
>  verengan jIH-i'm a ferengi

Don't forget to capitalize that {S}, but otherwise these are perfect!

>  does SuStel=breeze wing or something like that?

Yes, more or less.  It's a long story.  Maybe that'll be my next Web page
project . . .

>                                                  aDam' (like adam???)

Well, this doesn't exactly fit Klingon phonetics.  All Klingon words begin
with a consonant.  And the apostrophe {'} is also a consonant, a glottal stop.
 If I were to tranliterate your name, I'd say {'aDam}.  Actually, the way it's
said where I live, it sounds more like {'aDem}, although most native English
speakers say a normal "d" rather than a Klingon {D}!

SuStel
Stardate 96840.1

Back to archive top level