tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 31 06:42:29 1996

Re: Boggle

>> What frequency count was used here? For instance, the first six in the
>> English list should be "e, t, a, o, n, i, r, s, h, ...". Similarly, we need
>> some "average" tlhIngan ghItlh to work from for this. Maybe counting the
>> frequencies in Hamlet would produce a good distribution.

> I have gone back to the FTP site and collected all the works in the
> AESOP, KBTP, and KSRP directories, and run an letter count on them.
> I have duplicated the results below.  The left side is sorted vaguely
> by alpha, while the right is by frequency.

[...]

I just searched through Hamlet myself, and got this distribution from that.
I scaled the most frequent, {a}, to 100 to allow a fair comparison.
I would not at all be suprised if they check out with the other distributions.

a 100, ' 97, e 57, o 57, H 55, I 51, j 45, u 43, m 37, v 31, D 30, l 29,
q 26, gh 26, S 25, t 23, b 23, ch 20, n 20, p 19, w 17, y 16, r 15, Q 14,
tlh 11, ng 7.

Qapla'
voqHa'wI'
                                        _______
              [email protected]  / /     / /_/ // /_/ // / / / \ \
       [email protected]  / /____ / __  // __  // /_/ /___\ \
  http://brucehall29.anu.edu.au/   /______//_/ /_//_/ /_//_____//_____/

Back to archive top level