tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 27 14:51:27 1996

Re: Re[4]: Klingon writing tool

In a message dated 96-05-27 13:27:56 EDT, beHwI"av wrote:

>This could be possible and is indeed likely, but it is very difficult to
>carve into flesh. I do like the idea that one would mark him/her kills in
>this manner, but would one have time to write/carve/mutilate ones kills on a
>battle field, or would one a a designated writer/scribe, who would mark
>bodies for later mutilation of this kind?

In The Klingon Way, we learn that Klingons keep score by cutting marks into
their own skin, often on the face.  And of course, a battle is a perfect
event to keep score in . . .

And no, I'm sure Klingons wouldn't mutilate their opponents' bodies.  What
would be the point?  The body "is only an empty shell.  Please treat it as
such."

SuStel
Hovjaj 96404.8

Back to archive top level