tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 25 11:23:24 1996

RE: KLBC

> By the way, I haven't been able to figure out how to say "Turn off the
> lights".  I was puzzling over that the other night.

When I put Alec (my son, now almost 2) to sleep, we go through a short
ritual.  The first thing I do is have him close the bedroom door:  lojmIt
yISoQmoH.  Then I have him turn out the light (I hold him up so he can
reach the switch).  For this, I say /yIHurghmoH/.  Doesn't mention lights
or a switch, but seems to be perfectly suited to the situation.

> Laurel

--Holtej

Back to archive top level