tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 23 19:27:08 1996

RE: Klingon writing tool

I think that pIqaD may of been develped in the same way as Japanees
charaters, as is often shown on ST:TNG, Klingon marial arts, weapon and
non-weapon, resemble Japanees matial arts, weapon and non-weapon.

Qapla'

beHwI"av (Going realy weird today)

-------------------

Hmmm, I'd say the weapons themselves more resemble Chinese martial arts
weapons.  Japanese weapons are a bit more austere.  Both the betleH and the
meqleH are much to 'busy' to resemble Japanese weapons.

As for the martial arts;  the Klingon version of Tai Chi, mokbara (sp) shown by Worf is, well, Yang
Tai Chi in its appearance - Chinese, not Japanese.  As for the fight scenes we've
seen, I'd say they look just like Hollywood martial arts, and not very good Hollywood
martial arts at that.

Qapla

HetaQ

Back to archive top level