tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 23 08:19:36 1996

Re: Klingon writing tool

Dave and I communicate off-list.  I was surprised he hadn't posted anything in
response to the Klingon writing tool discussion so I posted a few notes about it
to him directly.

Dave S.:  "imperical seal was decidedly unfashionable and resolve to redesign
it."
It would only be changed after a coup, I venture.

Dave S.:  "Klingons aren't one for design, unless it's practical or serves an
intimidating purpose, and the likelihood of them developing a relatively new
typeface for mass consumption is slim.  After all, we see no other typeface
anywhere."
I'm inclined to agree that fashion doesn't enter into tlhIngan font design.
Form follows function on QonoS, more than anywhere else probably.  I think,
though, that the typeface-of-use is probably determined by Imperial whim just as
the dialect is.

Dave S.:  "My feeling is that the pIqaD has changed little over the centuries"
whims not withstanding.

Dave S.:  "This would support the stylus theory,"
Thanks.

--bangteH

Back to archive top level