tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 21 11:13:01 1996

Re: Re: lIH'egh vay'

beHwI"av writes:
>>BTW don't you think it's a bit exclusive to write in a language most
>>of the participants don't understand ?

>Ofcourse it is, but he has his right to speak and write in any language he
>choses. If I started writing Dutch only a few of you could understand me.
>Don't you think it's a bit totalitarian, asking him to give up his right?

I certainly didn't intend that. I Just thought that it is in a way unfair
for the others who also pay for these messages (with money or time,
depending on the mail service). But I did not try to deprive him of
any right. As you can see I answered the message mostly in the same
language it was written in. I just didn't want to be the cause of
babylonic confusion when everyone started to write in his 'mother tongue'
and tlhIngan Hol would be the only common denominator. Wouldn't make
ghunchu'wI''s job easier.
But that's only my opinion. It's all right if you disagree.
kitopila t'triahve

Qapla'
           SanQIb        (Holmey pIm vIjatlh je)

Back to archive top level